Importance of Maintaining Your HVAC System
Having a comfortable office/business environment is critical to the success of your business. If you are a retail establishment, doctors’ office or business that routinely has clients or customers come in, it can be critical to your profitability and bottom line. Spaces that are too hot or too cold will quickly turn customers away. If you are a landlord or property manager, keeping your space rented is dependent on how well your systems work. Regular maintenance is vital to the health and efficiency of those systems.
Maintaining Your HVAC System Now Saves You Trouble Later
Think of maintaining your HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) in the same way you would maintain your car. When oil isn’t changed or belts or filters are not replaced, your engine will seize and your car will be useless. Similarly, with routine maintenance, your HVAC system can work well for you for years. Any mechanic will tell you that spending $30 on an oil change beats spending $3,000 on a new engine.
Here are 5 reasons why regular maintenance on your HVAC system is so important:
- System Efficiency: HVACs that are not maintained work harder and endure more wear and tear. A well maintained unit can keep up to 96% of its original efficiency.
- Lower Utility Bill: A more efficient system requires less energy to function. This results in lower utility bills. If your system is operating at maximum efficiency, it can cut your utility bill up to 25%.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Regularly replacing filters reduces the amount of allergens, mold and dust mites in the air creating a cleaner and less dusty workplace.
- Increase Your System’s Life Span: A well maintained HVAC system will give you the maximum life span possible. An average life span is 10 years. Without proper maintenance you could be looking at an expensive replacement much sooner.
- Less Stress on You: An improperly maintained HVAC system will likely malfunction necessitating expensive, time-consuming emergency repairs. The stress this will cause you and your business in not only money, but the time to manage the needed repairs and the possible down time for your business will cause undo mental and physical stress on you and your employees. If you are a landlord, this stress could also include losing a tenant.
Keep your HVAC system and all your office systems properly maintained to avoid the stress, cost and hassle of emergency repairs or replacements and keep your business running smoothly and comfortably.
OfficeGuardian Warranty Plans can provide a broad range of office system repair and preventative maintenance services, including your HVAC system, so you can run your business without being distracted by ANY facility maintenance issues.
OfficeGuardian, commercial office warranty for Pro-Active Protection™ of Professional, Medical, Dental and Retail Business Suites and Office Condos
For more information visit www.officewarranty.com