Commercial Realtors: Is Your Client on the Fence about a New Property?
In previous blog posts, we have discussed the competitive nature of the Commercial Real Estate market in 2016. Competition is growing at an historic rate due to years of lower interest rates and an unsettled equity market. With so much competition, having clients on the fence about a property can really hurt your business. Here are some tips on getting your client off the fence and ready to commit.
3 Tips For All Commercial Realtors
1. Relationships are key: Like in any sales industry, relationships will make or break a deal. Build solid relationships with clients and it will ultimately lead to successful closings. But don’t forget relationships with other agents. Networking can give you an inside track on the right clients for your property or vice versa.
2. Highlight the Uniqueness: Does your property have a unique selling point? Maybe it’s an amazing location or the building is a perfect fit for a particular business. It’s a good move to check the zoning allowances for the property. If the zoning has changed or if you can find out if there are zoning changes being considered, it may make the property more valuable. Can your client repurpose a property or replace the building with something that is a better fit for their needs? Consider alternative financing options for example if a current loan is assumable it could save your client money on borrowing costs.
3. If your property doesn’t already have unique features…give it some. Give your property a value-added product that will make it stand out from the rest, something unique that competitors do not offer. Office warranties, the newest trend in commercial real estate, offer this unique value-add. An office warranty is a product that covers the most time-consuming, budget-busting system repairs and provides regular preventive maintenance. Similar to a home warranty in residential real estate, you have a value-added service that elevates your listing, separating it from the rest of the market. OfficeGuardian has developed the first all-inclusive commercial office warranty of its kind. In the Phoenix, Arizona area, commercial real estate agents can showcase a property with the protection of an office warranty from OfficeGuardian. Properties will rent faster than the ones right next door because tenants will move in knowing that they don’t have to worry about office systems failing while they are trying to get their business up and running. The peace of mind that office warranty coverage offers prospective tenants is invaluable. Properties with a commercial office warranty rent faster and yield a higher annual lease rate. In fact, an office warranty can even pay for itself, since a small increase in the annual lease rate will completely cover the cost of the warranty. What’s more, office warranties also increase tenant satisfaction and lease renewals.
OfficeGuardian, the pioneer of the office warranty industry, offers a fixed-cost, worry-free response team to commercial tenants in the event that a major office system or appliance breaks down due to normal wear and tear.
OfficeGuardian offers several comprehensive plans that include the following benefits:
- Service and repair of the Air Conditioning, including quarterly service, Heating, Electrical, Plumbing, Water Heater, Fire Extinguishers, Drinking Fountains, Smoke Detectors, Door Hardware, and Employee Termination Rekey.
- Work performed by licensed, bonded, and insured contractors.
- Service is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Place a call for service and have your call returned within 3 hours.
- Most necessary repairs are done within 24 hours.
Help your client make the leap from fence to commitment, OfficeGuardian gives you that extra value add that separates your property from the rest and gets deals closed faster.
For more information, visit www.officewarranty.com