5 Questions to Ask Your Office Cleaning Crew Each Week
Whether you’re a business owner, landlord or property manager, keeping track of all the maintenance issues for your office space can be a time-consuming endeavor. There are many systems, functions and appliances that could potentially have hidden problems. Staying on top of all of the possible things that could go wrong can pull you away from running your business and serving your customers.
Make your office cleaning crew an ally in keeping your space in tip top condition by asking them to watch for signs that could signal larger problems.
Here’s 5 questions to ask your office cleaning crew each week:
- Have you seen bugs anywhere in the office? It’s true that if you see one or two bugs here and there, then you probably have more camped out elsewhere. It would be horrible for a customer to discover your infestation. Have your cleaning people alert you if they see even one so you can bring in a pest control service to take care of it before it becomes a problem.
- Have you noticed any water stains on the walls or ceilings? Water stains could signal a very costly issue. Water stains on the ceiling or walls usually indicates a leak somewhere. As water is one of the most destructive forces in nature, a small leak can become a major problem very quickly — causing mold and damage to walls and flooring. Repair costs could become astronomical if not addressed immediately.
- When cleaning bathrooms or the kitchen, did you encounter any issues with the plumbing? Do you have a restroom that is used only by customers? One that your employees would not use on a regular basis? Your cleaning crew could be a vital link to keeping costs down by alerting you of leaks or plumbing issues right away. Leaky faucets or toilets that don’t shut off can run your water bill sky high. And as with water stains that indicate a leak, leaks in a bathroom can cause damage to other parts of your office.
- Have you experienced any issues with the lights or electrical? The other most destructive force on earth is fire. Electrical issues can not only be a sign that potentially costly and time-consuming repairs are needed, but could cause a devastating fire. Ask your cleaning crew to alert you to hot light switches, flickering lights, or malfunctioning outlets. They may use outlets for vacuuming that are seldom used by employees, so they will likely see these first. Also ask them to check kitchen equipment for any malfunctions.
- Were there any carpet stains that you were unable to clean? A dirty, unkempt office is bad for business. It cheapens your product or service and causes customers to doubt your value or effectiveness as a business. As a landlord or property manager, dirty carpets could keep you from getting your spaces rented. Have your cleaning people check frequently for stains, particularly in areas that are used by customers and also those that are not frequented by employees.
A new ally in your struggle to maintain your office spaces, OfficeGuardian, can help with all of these issues. OfficeGuardian offers comprehensive office warranty plans that cover all your systems and will not only help you keep them maintained, but quickly repair issues before they have a chance to hurt your business.
OfficeGuardian also offers add-on services like carpet cleaning and pest control to help you present your business or office space in the best possible light.
A commercial office warranty plan through OfficeGuardian will give you peace of mind to know that repairs will be taken care of quickly when any of these issues are discovered. One Call Does It All.
What other questions do you ask your office cleaning crew? We’d love to hear from you.
OfficeGuardian offers a convenient commercial office warranty for Pro-Active Protection™ of Professional, Medical, Dental and Retail Business Suites and Office Condos.
For more information visit www.officewarranty.com.