It’s Spring and the weather is heating up quickly. Peak air conditioning season is upon us. No matter how expensive your HVAC system is or what your installer promises, a system of this magnitude has the potential to break down. But regular HVAC maintenance checks can prevent many of the catastrophic issues that could arise, leaving you, your employees and your customers sweating out the season.
You can make sure your air filters are changed regularly but the majority of HVAC maintenance should be done by a professional contractor. Here are 5 important HVAC maintenance checks to have a professional HVAC contractor make to ensure your system is cooling properly and won’t require ill-timed, expensive repairs.
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils: Dirty condenser coils can cause your system to lose efficiency and increase utility bills. Evaporator coils can freeze necessitating an expensive repair. Having them cleaned regularly will lengthen the life of your HVAC system.
- Check refrigerant: Low refrigerant can signal a leak which can cause the evaporator coils to freeze up. Have a contractor check for leaks and ensure the system is properly charged.
- Inspect and clean condensation drain: Dirt and algae can form in the drain causing a clog. Peak usage times can cause the drain to overflow creating damage to other parts of the system. A contractor should check for clogs and make sure the system is draining properly.
- Check electrical connections: Bad wiring or contactors can cause the system to short or quit running completely. Your contractor should tighten any loose connections and measure the voltage.
- Clean and inspect the blower: A malfunctioning blower will decrease the cooling power and efficiency of your HVAC system. For maximum comfort and efficient airflow, your contractor should make sure the blower is functioning properly.
These are just a few of the many checks a good HVAC contractor should perform during a regular maintenance appointment. But you have a business to run and anytime you or an employee spend time trying to find a reputable HVAC contractor costs you money. An office warranty will provide you with regularly scheduled HVAC maintenance so you don’t have to worry about finding the contractor or when to schedule the check-up. Having an office warranty already in place will save you from all of the hassle and money. OfficeGuardian’s office warranties make it easy. We have an already vetted network of high-quality, licensed, bonded, insured and BBB accredited Arizona contractors waiting to handle your maintenance.
Keep your HVAC system and all your office systems properly maintained to avoid the stress, cost and hassle of emergency repairs or replacements and keep your business running smoothly and comfortably.
OfficeGuardian Warranty Plans can provide a broad range of office system repair and preventive maintenance services, including your HVAC system, so you can run your business without being distracted by ANY facility maintenance issues.
OfficeGuardian is the business owner’s advocate to ensure that their office systems are running as efficiently and effectively as possible.
For more information, visit www.officewarranty.com.